It’s that time again! Time for a book tag! I found this on the good old internets, thanks to google. With a little research I learned that this tag was started by Megan on Goodreads! Without further ado, let’s get the ball rolling.
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I used to get really sick back in the day. I think I’ve grown out of it but just be to safe, I hardly ever do it.
2. Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Sarah J. Maas and Jenny Han, definitely. They’re authors that I read and instantly fell in love with. I’ve always read a short story in Slasher Girls and Monster Boys by Carrie Ryan and I LOVED IT. Her style was so unique, so creepy, so different. Ahhh.
3. Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Seriously? Harry Potter all the way. 1. Better writing, storytelling, world building and character development. 2. absolutely relatable themes that can have dual understandings. 3. paints a waaaay better image of women in literature as some of the most powerful, evil, and smart characters were women.
4. Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
Yeah. It’s usually a single notebook, my pencil bag, laptop, and snacks haha
5. Do you smell your books?
I don’t think I do. As far as I’m aware of, I’ve never done it. But maybe I’ve tried it a couple times that I just don’t remember right now.
6. Books with or without little illustrations?
Honestly, if there are illustrations, I like the book better haha but I’ve never let lack of illustrations hold a book back.
7. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Hands down, Twilight. I seriously thought it was the most well written masterpiece I’d ever read. Keep in mind though, that this was the book that got me into reading SO I wasn’t that aware of actual masterpieces of literature haha
8. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
No. But one of my favorite memories about my childhood is my dad reading picture books to me. I would lay in bed and he would sit next to me, at the edge, reading. I was always so mesmerized and never fully realized that he was teaching me how to read.
9. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
A bunch of comic books, tbh.
10. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Either The Order of the Phoenix or Afterworlds
11. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I’d like to think I write well but I’m sometimes too embarrassed to let people actually read my work. But over all, yes, I’d love to be an author and I can see myself published someday.
12. When did you get into reading?
I definitely liked reading as a kid but when I got to HS I hated the assigned readings. That being said, my love for reading didn’t really start until roughly my freshman year of college.
13. What is your favorite classic book?
Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and Farenheit 451
14. In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Oh hells to the yeah. I always always super good at English.
15. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
I would say “omg thank you so much.” and probably keep it in my bookcase forever because I’m really sentimental and like people don’t have to ever get me a present so if they do, the least I can do is keep it forever (hoarder life).
16. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
There’s this series, you probably haven’t heard of it, it’s the Grisha Trilogy. (sarcasm, I hope you’ve all heard of it by now)
17. What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
I’m just going to say rambling because, boy, do I ramble. Other than that though, late posts. I always intend to post as things happen/are read but sometimes I just have the idea sitting there for like a week or month after it’s all done.
18. What is your favorite word?
Hmmm maybe lethargic. I’ve always liked how that word sounds.
19. Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
Obviously all of the above. I don’t think anyone is as cool as they think they are.
20. Vampires or Fairies? Why?
I used to really love Vampires but after reading ACOTAR, Fairies are the bee’s knees. However, vampires are still cool af.
21. Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Um, Idk, never really though of it. I liked Nimona. I think that’s the only shapeshifter character I’ve read about. I don’t think I’ve ever read any angel books.
22. Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
What. They aren’t even similar. But I guess spirits.
23. Zombies or Vampires?
Gaaaah these questions. I’ve definitely read more vampire books than zombies but I think I like zombies too.
24. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love
I’m like bored of love triangles but idk how I feel about forbidden love.
25. AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Yeah honestly, I like both. They each have their perks 🙂