I am excited and honored to announce that ilikebookstoomuch has nominated my new intimate blog Starkiller Reads for the Liebster Blog Award. I would like to thank her from the bottom of my heart for nominating my blog! I, ultimately, would love to find a career in writing and right now, this is one of my creative outlets. Again, I am completely honored by this recognition 🙂
Now let’s get down to the knitty-gritty.
What’s the Liebster Award?
The Liebster award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog in addition to adding to our community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are pretty easy.
- Include a link back to the person responsible for your nomination
- Provide eleven facts about yourself
- Respond to the eleven questions set by the blogger who nominated you
11 Questions from ilikebookstoomuch
1. Being that you post about books, what is your favorite book and why?
I would say that my favorite book right now would be: It’s Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini. I could relate to Craig so much more than anyone could know. I know what it’s like to be in a situation I couldn’t control. I sincerely feel when I read about Craig and his feelings. Especially now.
2. How did you get into reading
It’s going to sound extremely cliche, but, I’ve always been into reading. My dad taught me how to read really young and ever since then, I’ve loved getting lost in far off lands with people I would never truly know.
3. You’re stranded on an island, all your basic needs will be met (Food, water, shelter, etc) What three items do you bring with you?
Laptop, Kindle Fire, Wi-fi hotspot.
4. What is your favorite place in the entire world and why?
Speaking literally, Las Vegas. I am an absolute sucker for cityscapes and flashing lights. I’ve been there tons of times and never get tired of it.
5. How do you define love?
Love is…Love is always being there for someone, even if they upset you sometimes. It’s about acceptance. Honesty. Trust.
6. You won the lottery!!! What are you going to do with your winnings?
Pay off my parents house. Pay off my car. Save for college.
7. How do you describe yourself?
I would say that I am kind, humble, sarcastic (oh boy am I sarcastic), creative, caring. I don’t know. I think there is so much to me that very few people get to see.
8. If you had one superpower, what would it be and why?
So hard. It’s between shapeshifting and teleportation. I would probably pick teleportation. Because I would never be late.
9. Pepsi or Coke?
10. When you read, what type of environment do you like to be in?
Again, another cliche. I quite love reading in coffee shops, right across the table from my boyfriend.
11. What is your all time favorite memory or thing you’ve ever done?
I don’t think I have an all-time favorite. I love various things in my life. I would, however, say that one of my favorite memories has to be graduating from Los Angeles Mission College with 5 degrees, having my parents, my brothers, their respective girlfriends, and my loving boyfriend there to cheer me on.
11 Facts about Starkiller
1. I have 1 degree in English, 2 degrees in Literature and Communications, and 2 degrees in Behavioral Sciences.
2. One of my life-long goals is to write and draw my own comic book.
3. I’ve been a barista for roughly a year.
4. I’ve been in a committed relationship with @blakemoo, The reigning 1st Place Winner for Best Natural Mustache in Los Angeles for a year and a half.
5. I plan on becoming a high school english teacher.
6. I drive a 2013 Black Fiat 500
7. I love Japanese Fairy Kei, Lolita Styles
8. I am a Disneyland annual passholder
9. I have my own book club where we read books being made into movies, then watch the movies. (If you want to join, please contact me!)
10. I am 5ft tall.
11. I collect dolls.
Thank You Again ❤